Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tea Time with Mma Ramotswe

Here is an exchange between Mma Makutsi and Mma Ramotswe about tea pots. It's a passage like this one that makes me want to make my own pot of tea...
Mma Makutsi put on the kettle, her accustomed task, and lined up the two teapots at the ready.

"Be sure to use the big one for the ordinary tea," said Mma Ramotswe from the other side of the room. "That would be best."

Mma Makutsi hesitated. "But it is the one you have always used," she ventured. "I do not want to change things..."

Mma Ramotswe was insistent. "No, Mma. We have already discussed this. I am happy with that small teapot for my red bush tea. I am happy to change."

Taken from:
McCall Smith, Alexander. The Double Comfort Safari Club (2010), p. 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment